Applied Mathematical and Physical Formulas, Second Edition
Looking for the eBook version? Click here.
The new and revised version of this comprehensive pocket reference guide is ideal for anyone who deals with physics, chemistry, mathematics, finance, and computer systems and needs to review or quickly refresh their memory of what they studied in school. It covers the fundamentals of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and analytical geometry, and statistics, and presents the application of differential equations and integral calculus. It reveals the comparative advantages of binomial distribution, standard distribution, Poisson distribution, and normal distribution, and includes most used definitions and formulas of kinematics, dynamics, statics, mechanics of fluids, thermal variable of state, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, light, and atomic and nuclear physics. It also presents applications and solutions to problems concerning simple interest, compound interest, effective rate, annuity, amortization of loans, and sinking fund payments.
- A quick reference for engineers, technicians, toolmakers, machinists, students, and teachers.
- Includes more than 1,300 formulas, definitions, and figures used in mathematics and physics, plus complete coverage of S.I., metric, and U.S. customary units.
- New to this revised edition are sections on arithmetic, mathematical fundamentals of computer science, units of measure in precious metals, and more.
- Key topics have been clarified, and more than 150 line illustrations have been improved.
- The index has been expanded to help guide readers through this information-packed reference.
Vukota Boljanovic, Ph.D., has more than 40 year of experience in applied engineering in the aircraft and automotive industries as well as in education. He received his B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering and worked in Europe for many years in both academia and industry, including as a Professor of Aerospace Engineering and later as Vice President for Research and Development for a major aircraft company. He has performed extensive research in development and manufacturing engineering, including the impact of design modification on tools, dies, and processes selection, aircraft assembly, and inspection. He also spent five years working in the American automotive industry. The author of multiple books and numerous technical papers, Boljanovic has been widely recognized by both academia and industry for his contributions to manufacturing processes.
List of Greek Letters
Part I: Units
- International System of Units
- Metric Units of Measurement
- U.S. Units of Measurement
- Tables of Equivalents
Part II: Mathematics
- Analytical Geometry
- Mathematics of Finance
- Mathematical Fundamentals of Computer Science
Part III: Physics
- Mechanics of Fluid
- Temperature and Heat
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Light, Wave Motion and Sound
Appendix: Fundamental Physics Constants