Essential Mathematics for Science and Technology: A Self-Learning Guide
Kenneth A Stroud and Dexter J Booth
Essential Mathematics for Science and Technology: A Self-Learning Guide is an entry level text for a wide range of courses in computer science, medicine, health sciences, social sciences, business, engineering and science. Using the phenomenally successful approach of the bestselling Engineering Mathematics by the same authors, it takes readers step-by-step through the math, It includes a wealth of examples and exercises. It is an appropriate refresher or brush-up for sci-tech and business students whose math skills need further development.
- Offers a unique module approach that takes users through the mathematics in a step-by-step fashion with a wealth of worked examples and exercises.
- Contains Quizzes, Learning Outcomes and Can You? Checklists that guide readers through each topic and focus understanding.
- Ideal as reference or a self-learning manual.
- Introduction to Algebra
- Expressions and Equations
- Linear Equations
- Polynomial Equations
- Partial Fractions
- Binomial Series
- Regression and Correlation
- Introduction to Differentiation
- Partial Differentiation