Geometric Transformations for 3D Modeling (CD-ROM)
Michael E Mortenson
Looking for the eBook version? Click here.
Written from a mathematical standpoint accessible to students, teachers, and professionals studying or practicing in engineering, mathematics, or physics, the new second edition of Geometric Transformations for 3D Modeling is a comprehensive introduction to the theory and application of transformations.
Presenting the more abstract foundation material in the first three chapters, Geometric Transformations in 3D Modeling reduces the clutter of theoretical derivation and development in the remainder of the text and introduces the operational and more application-oriented tools and concepts as the need arises. It assumes the reader has already taken analytic geometry and first-year calculus and has a working knowledge of basic matrix and vector algebra. This self-contained resource is sure to appeal to those working in 3D modeling, geometric modeling, computer graphics, animation, robotics, and kinematics.
- Explores and develops the subject in much greater breadth and depth than other books, offering readers a better understanding of transformation theory, the role of invariants, the uses of various notation systems, and the relations between transformations.
- Describes how geometric objects may change position, orientation, or even shape when subjected to mathematical operations, while properties characterizing their geometric identity and integrity remain unchanged.
- Presents eigenvalues, eigenvectors, and tensors in a way that makes it easier for readers to understand.
- Contains revised and improved figures, with many in color to highlight important features.
- Provides exercises throughout nearly all of the chapters whose answers are found at the end of the book.
Requirements: The CD-ROM is compatible with most Microsoft Windows operating systems from Windows 98 to Windows 8 and 8 Pro. The product requires Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat (click here to download the free Adobe Reader). The CD-ROM should operate with corresponding Windows-compatible hardware, including desktops, notebooks, laptops, netbooks and tablet computers. Internet access is required for product activation.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, the CD-ROM version is not compatible with Windows 8 RT, smart phones and tablets including the iPhone, iPad, Android devices and/or ebook readers such as Kindle, Nook or the Sony Wi-Fi E-Reader.