Glossary of Metalworking Terms
Richard P Pohanish
The Glossary of Metalworking Terms is the only modern glossary of terms related to the fabrication and use of metals and metallurgy. This resource covers more than 4,000 essential general and functional terms used in all areas related to metalworking and manufacturing technology.
Many entries are cross-referenced to make related topics instantly accessible. Each entry contains a cross-referencing system that makes all related topics instantly accessible. In addition, each topic is defined as far as possible in basic terms, and then every key word important to the explanation that is defined elsewhere in the book is underlined to serve as a reference to the article on that subject.
- A simple A – Z approach and cross-referencing system.
- Includes CNC and some information on plastics.
- Glossary contains professional organizations, addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers, web sites and descriptions of many trademark names of alloys and processes along with manufacturer’s names and addresses.
- Key to Abbreviations
- Miscellaneous Equivalents
- Metal Terms A to Z
- List of Manufacturers and Addresses of Proprietary Alloys and Processes