This is a Print-On-Demand book and is printed upon receipt of your order. It is not returnable except for product defects. Delivery will take approximately 10 - 14 days.
Concise yet comprehensive, this highly acclaimed training manual and reference provides the many phases of inspection work and their application to today's manufacturing operations through a practical down-to-earth presentation.
- Discusses a range of manual and automatic measuring devices along with their specific functions and the specialized functions involved in their use.
- Analyzes the methods and duties of inspectors.
- Appropriate for use by inspection supervisors, plant managers, quality control engineers and subcontractors.
- Includes SPC and other data analysis methods for manufacturing applications.
- Provides detailed discussions of available measuring and quantitative systems.
- Compares important measuring and gaging systems.
- The Need and Function of Inspection in Industry
- How Specifications Aid the Inspector
- Tolerances and Allowances
- How Standards Aid the Inspection
- Basic Principles and Techniques of Measurement
- Comparison and Fixed Gages
- Surface Plate Methods and Equipment
- Optical Measuring and Inspection Equipment
- Gaging and Inspection of Screw Threads
- Special Measuring and Inspection Problems
- Gage Checking and Calibration
- Measuring in Millionths
- Coordinate Measuring Machines
- Automatic Gaging
- Nondestructive Testing