Plastics and Sustainable Piping Systems
David A. Chasis
Plastic piping is now the preferred material in countless applications -- municipal water and sewer lines,drain/waste/vent lines, and chemical waste drainage, to mention just a few -- because plastics are durable, easy and safe to install, environmentally sound, and cost-effective. This compendium of over 40 articles is written by a professional involved in plastic fluid handling products for over 45 years. Divided into three general areas, this unique resource promotes the use of plastics in general and plastic piping systems, in particular. The articles include listings of the major advantages of plastics plus descriptions of the many varied piping products and markets served by thermoplastic piping systems. It is certain to be an eye-opener and educational tool for the experienced and novice designing and specifying engineer, installer, end-user, code official, purchasing agent, and engineering student.
- Provides access to the major reasons synthetically made organic chemicals (plastics) has had such a meteoric rise in usage since its inception in 1907.
- The only book encompassing articles, in one source, featuring the history of plastics coupled with background knowledge on the design, features, growth and usage of thermoplastic piping systems.
- Addresses Green Building in an article which documents 16 different plastic piping technologies discussed in detail and accompanied by an Appendix highlighting the features and benefits of various plastic piping materials.
David A. Chasis has been involved in plastic fluid handling products for over 45 years. He is president of Chasis Consulting, Inc., author of the first and second edition books “Plastic Piping Systems” (published by Industrial Press, New York, New York) , edited two Plastic Pipe and Fittings Association (PPFA) books: “Thermoplastic Industrial Piping Systems Workbook” and “Design Guide for PVC Piping Systems for Commercial and Industrial Applications”, is a member of and consultant to PPFA, author of over 36 published articles on plastics, presenter of dozens of plastic piping seminars and webinars, and the creator and caretaker of the website and blog: www.sustainablepipingsystems.com. Mr. Chasis can be reached at Chasis Consulting Inc., 329 The Hills Drive, Austin, Texas 78738 USA; (512)261-9115, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Plastics Articles
- Celebrating 100 Years and Going Strong
- Chemicals and Plastics
- Defining Bioplastic Terminology
- Facts, not Myths, Build Healthy Communities
- Internet-Cure or Blessing for Plastics
- Pearls of Plastic
- Plastics and PETA
- The China Study
- Transformation from a Radical to a Rational Environmentalist
- Vinyl and the Planet of APES
- Potable Water for a Honduran Village
- The History of North American Plastic Piping Distributors
General Plastic Piping Articles
- Why Plastic Piping?
- The Evolution of Pipe
- How to Select the Proper Thermoplastic Industrial Piping Material
- Plastic Piping Systems and the Internet
- Life Cycle Assessment and Plastic Piping
- Plastic Piping Systems...Here’s to Your Health
- Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions with Plastic Piping
- Joining Thermoplastic Industrial Piping Systems
- Fairy Tale or Reality
- Trenchless Piping and Plastics
- Advantages of Flexible Groove-coupled Plastic Piping Systems
- Plastics Learn their Role in Plumbing System Design
- Sustainable Piping Systems for Green Building
Plastic Materials and Products Articles
- ABS...The other Piping Material
- CPVC Piping Systems
- Environmentally Sound Piping Systems
- PVC...Pipe’s Most Versatile Material
- Super Pipe
- Facts Regarding PVC Piping and the Environment
- Recycling PVC Piping Systems
- Homeowners Embrace PEX for Hot and Cold Water Distribution
- The Ultimate Piping Material
- Why Specify Plastic Valves
- Plastic Piping System Fabrications
- Thermoplastic Flanges