Sheet Metal Forming Processes and Die Design (CD-ROM in PDF)
This is the CD-ROM Only version of this useful title.
Written by an engineer with decades of practical manufacturing experience, Sheet Metal Forming Processes and Die Design (CD-ROM in PDF) is a complete modern guide to sheet metal forming processes and die design – still the most commonly used methodology for the mass-production manufacture of aircraft, automobiles, and complex high-precision parts.
It illustrates several different approaches to this intricate field by taking the reader through the “hows” and “whys” of product analysis, as well as the techniques for blanking, punching, bending, deep drawing, stretching, material economy, strip design, movement of metal during stamping, and tooling. While concentrating on simple, applicable engineering methods rather than complex numerical techniques, this practical reference makes it easier for readers to understand the subject by using numerous illustrations, tables, and charts.
- Emphasizes the influence of materials as an aid to understanding manufacturing processes and operations.
- Features the essential mathematical formulas and calculations needed for
various die operations and performance evaluation.
- Shows the comparative advantages and liabilities for each manufacturing process and operation.
- Offers a complete picture of the knowledge and skills needed for the effective design of dies for sheet-metal forming processes highlighted with illustrative examples.
Provides properties and typical applications of selected tool and die materials for various die parts.
Requirements: The CD-ROM is compatible with most Microsoft Windows operating systems from Windows 98 to Windows 8 and 8 Pro. The product requires Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat (click here to download the free Adobe Reader). The CD-ROM should operate with corresponding Windows-compatible hardware, including desktops, notebooks, laptops, netbooks and tablet computers. Internet access is required for product activation.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, the CD-ROM version is not compatible with Windows 8 RT, smart phones and tablets including the iPhone, iPad, Android devices and/or ebook readers such as Kindle, Nook or the Sony Wi-Fi E-Reader.
Part I: Theoretical Fundamentals
- The Structure of Metals
- Mechanical Behavior of Materials
Part II: Manufacturing Processes
- Shearing Process
- Blanking and Punching
- Deep Drawing
- Various Drawing Processes
Part III: Die Design
- Die Classifications and Basic Die Components
- Blanking and Punching Dies
- Bending Dies
- Deep Drawing Dies
- Various Forming Dies
- Tool and Die Materials