This is a Print-On-Demand book and is printed upon receipt of your order. It is not returnable except for product defects. Delivery will take approximately 10 - 14 days.
The Valve Primer
Brent T Stojkov
Written for engineers, operators, and maintenance technicians in the power generation, oil, chemical, paper and other processing industries, The Valve Primer provides a basic knowledge of valve types and designs, materials used to make valves, where various designs should and should not be used, factors to consider in specifying a valve for a specific application, how to calculate flow through valves, and valve maintenance and repair.
If you are involved in valve selection, specification, procurement, inspection, troubleshooting or repair, you will find a wealth of information in The Valve Primer.
- Presents information on a wide variety of valves and explains the operational basics of the thousands of valves that are found in power stations, refineries, plants and mills throughout the world.
- Includes over fifty illustrations depicting various valve types and how they operate.
- Contains valuable information the cannot be found in any other single source.
- Gate Valves
- Globe Valves
- Check Valves
- Butterfly Valves
- Ball Valves
- Plug Valves
- Diaphragm Valves
- Sizes, Classes, and Ratings
- Fluid Flow Through Valves
- Valve Operators and Actuators
- Control Valves and Pressure Relief Valves
- Maintenance and Repair
- Miscellaneous Topics